ITRA
www.itra.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2019, 01:52:44 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the ITRA Forum! Feel free to participate in our forums :)

!!

Guest, Please Register or Log In!!

Please, log in or register a new account to use all the features of this forum!

You will be able to add comments, post new topics, review timeshare resorts, etc.. only if you are already log in.

Remember to check the SPAM Folder in your mail account if you dont find the activation mail!

+  Forum Itra
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Timeshare General Discussion
| | |-+  Concerns about PPG Consultants in Cape Town, South Africa
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Concerns about PPG Consultants in Cape Town, South Africa  (Read 11669 times)
kcloete
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 28, 2011, 06:52:40 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: aci

« on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:19 pm »

I have just come from a session with PPG Consultants here in Cape Town, South Africa, and I would just like some peace of mind.

I have already seen here that ITRA has confirmed that PPG are official sponsors, however I would just like to confirm that for those people that paid them the fee to get out of the timeshare, that everything ran smoothly.

Also, we were initially told that they could no longer take any points off our hands, however after some prompting one of the consultants made some calls and suddenly they were able to accommodate an additional 160 points.

As this was the only option I've seen thus far to get out of perpetuity timeshare contract with Africa Club Innovations, I paid a 10% deposit to "secure" the right to get rid of the last points, for fear that the offer might not be available again.

Now I am prepared to risk the loss of that deposit, but I would just like to know if anybody else experienced anything similar. My wife was concerned that the pitch to take on these points was just a little too perfect, and thus may be some sort of scam.
Those people that paid them to get rid of the points, did you experience anything similar? And have you had any issues with getting rid of the points?

Adding up the transfer fee with the outstanding balance we would have to clear up with ACI first, it comes to approximately R75 000, which is a massive amount of money. I would just like some peace of mind that once I pay this money, that that is the last I have to hear about timeshare.
Itra Forum Member
annie
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 01, 2011, 02:07:09 pm

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:26:11 am »

I was also contacted by them and they seemed REALLY keen for me to attend their session in Tokai but I couldn't make it as it was over month end and driving 2 hours to Tokai was not going to work.
They have not contacted me since, and he also said that it was a one time deal info session (this was end of August) and that there was no obligation on clients and that there would be no fees involved AT ALL !!!

I am so wary after having the ACI guys lie to us about their product, that I was also wary of PPG. once bitten twice shy
Can these people buy our points from us and for how much? I suppose we would have to settle up with ACI first

Has anybody had any luck with them yet?
Itra Forum Member
kcloete
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 28, 2011, 06:52:40 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: aci

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:11:35 pm »

I went back to them today, just to ease over some of my concerns. My biggest concern being that if I were to settle up with ACI and then fork out the additional R35000 to PPG to dispose of my points, that they would then just do a runner, and I'd be out more money and still having to pay management fees.

So I've asked Wayne - the owner of the company - to have an official agreement drawn up by their lawyers, on top of the normal transfer agreement, that states that if I pay them this money, it goes into a trust which they are not allowed to touch until such time as the full transfer has been completed. If after 120 days, the transfer has still not gone through, then the money gets released back to me, including my initial deposit.

The transfer agreement also specifically includes a clause that PPG will be held liable for all management fees as of 2013. This means that if for some reason the the transfer process drags on all the way to next year October, they have to foot the bill.

I had a lengthy discussion with Wayne about some of the other horror stories that I've read on the net to do with ITRA, but he has managed to give me some peace of mind with them, by showing me how the people concerned were taken for a ride by the respective ITRA sponsor, eg ETOO or Club Class Concierge, and not ITRA itself.

I'm still not completely satisfied - which is why I'm having somebody with experience in property contracts look over the agreement once I get. And only once they are satisfied will I allow the transfer to go through.
Itra Forum Member
Kim Diedericks
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: July 05, 2011, 08:08:24 pm

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:01:44 pm »

I approached PPG Consultants in July2011 after seeing an advertisment that they could transfer timeshare.  I attended a session and had all the same concerns that you did but I was willing to take the chance to get out of my Flexiclub timeshare after understanding that the contract was in perpetuity and the concern about ever increasing annual levies.

The total transfer cost was R34 500 and I paid a deposit of R3500 "to secure" at the end of July and needed to pay the balance by the end of August, by end October 2011.  I dealt with Razaan, Nicky and Wayne of PPG and they explained that once processed and paid my case would be passed on to a conveyancing attorney for the transfer.

In October 2011, I was informed by the conveyancing attornyes that I should phone Flexi-Club and request the transfer documents whichh should include the details of the new owner (details of which was provided to me by the attorneys). The transfer fee had already been paid by the conveyancing attorneys to Flexi club in September 2011.

Angela from the attorneys explained that the transfer should go through by December 2011 and that I should follow up with Flexiclub then.

I only made enquiries with Flexiclub on 12 January 2012 and they confirmed that my membership is cancelled and transfered off my name.

I was very sceptical and worried about the transfer the whole time, but it all turned out okay.  Although I took out a loan and I paid a huge amount to have the membership transfered I have peace of mind that I can just pay the loan back and  am not bound to a contract for life with increasing annual costs.

I am really appreciative to PPG and their conveyancing attorneys for the service they provided and am so relieved to be rid of the membership, thank you.
Itra Forum Member
josef
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: March 07, 2012, 12:01:40 pm

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:30:20 pm »

Hi Kim
We all know that there is a lot of scams around.How doI know that you are not one of them but that you are a real person that were really helped by them to get out of it.
Itra Forum Member
jroberts
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 19, 2012, 01:15:03 pm

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 01:21:44 pm »

Hi, I would suggest you visit VOASA website they have a very interesting consumer alert concerning "Class Actions in South Africa"
Itra Forum Member
Timeshare expert
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 12, 2011, 11:54:03 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: all

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:06:01 am »

PPG is not registered with VOASA and cannot resell timeshare.  the fact that they charge people to sell their membership are absurd.  if you sell your membership you should get money for it. They take your membership you pay them R30k+ and then they advertise it again on bidorbuy, so they make money all the way. Visit voasa websit and see the consumer alert on PPG consultants/Action 4 owners.  DON'T DEAL WITH THEM!!!!!!!
Itra Forum Member
Staff Manager
Staff Manager
Administrator
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 28, 2010, 11:53:26 am

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 12:14:03 pm »

Dear Timeshare expert,

Please be advised that PPG are no longer sponsors of ITRA.

We have made requests on several occasions (and will do so again today) to Wayne Le Page and Nicci Packwood, being the principals of PPG that they do not make any further reference to ITRA and remove any information pertaining to ITRA from their website.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:35:18 pm by Staff Manager » Logged
Itra Forum Member
LINDSAYJ
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: January 16, 2014, 05:51:26 am

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 06:36:14 am »

Does anyone have any updated contact details for PPG Consultants? Been trying to get hold of Wayne/Rezaan regarding monies that they owe me for services not rendered. Wayne made a written promise to repay me and after several months i am still waiting. Is this class action suit a mere guise to reel people in? It seems that once you are there they inundate you with copies of e-mails, newspaper articles, etc regarding how unsuccessful people have been in trying to get rid of their timeshare. Words such as in perpetuity are used and immediately one's heart seizes up. I have written several(spanning years) e-mails in my own quest to get myself out of this Flexiclub timeshare. About the same time that I paid PPG consultants R35000, Flexiclub decided to send me notification based on my own numerous requests that they have decided in a Boardmeeting held by the Trustees to grant my wish and have my timeshare cancelled. I forfeited the monies already paid but small price vs perpetuity. After a conversation with Rezaan he confirmed that PPG had not yet started the process on their side upon which he also confirmed that they should repay me. My question is what now? Can ITRA be of assistance in any way at all?
Itra Forum Member
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines