ITRA
www.itra.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2019, 04:41:22 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the ITRA Forum! Feel free to participate in our forums :)

!!

Guest, Please Register or Log In!!

Please, log in or register a new account to use all the features of this forum!

You will be able to add comments, post new topics, review timeshare resorts, etc.. only if you are already log in.

Remember to check the SPAM Folder in your mail account if you dont find the activation mail!

+  Forum Itra
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Timeshare General Discussion
| | |-+  New Members - Please Introduce Yourself
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: New Members - Please Introduce Yourself  (Read 50659 times)
Rafa
Administrator
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: July 22, 2009, 01:52:44 pm

« on: July 27, 2010, 10:51:22 am »

Hi to all members (past or present)

In order to get to know our ITRA forum members a little better, we invite you to introduce yourself and to share some of the following information about yourself, such as who you are, how you were introduced to timeshare, why you became a member of the ITRA Forum and your experiences with timeshare.

You may also find the following topic interesting: http://itra.net/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:03:41 pm by The Moderator 2 » Logged

Call the ITRA number: 0800 856 0905

Or write us: info@itra.net
William Wood
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: July 24, 2010, 11:48:32 am

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:16:28 pm »

:D

My name is William Wood
I recently contacted Itra at the Maidenhead office and completed an offical claim form to try and regain some of the exhorbitant fees charged on my time share.
Itra Forum Member
Delboy
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: August 14, 2010, 11:51:32 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: Diamond Resorts

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:00:05 pm »

Derek Smith ~ Chester UK.    Joint owner with wife of Diamond Resorts timeshare points.   (Originally the Grand Vacation Cpompany)

Happy for many years until the company was taken over by Diamond Resorts and management fee escalated sharply.   (Probably to fund court defence costs)

There are so many disatisfied timeshare owners I am wondering if the industry is in general decline.
Itra Forum Member
AlisonJeatt
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: August 22, 2010, 08:56:10 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Palm Oasis, Gran Canaria

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:09:54 pm »

Hi bought our timeshare Palm Oasis in 2000, hubby made redundant in January 2009 unable to pay fees, still not found permanent job, I am about to be laid off work due to ill health so going to have trouble paying maintenance fees again, have asked resort to take the timeshare back no luck.  Have tried various ways of getting rid of it cannot even give it away.

When sold the timeshare was told it was a fantastic investment, never going down in price, that a resale centre would be set up (ha ha) that we would have no trouble reselling (even bigger joke) We need help cannot afford to pay to get us out of this continuing downward spiral of timeshare increasing costs.

Help badly needed.
Itra Forum Member
Misty
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: August 22, 2010, 09:01:15 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Leila Playa. Fixed week

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:13:42 pm »

I have owned a timeshare on the Costa Del Sol for about 9 years with MacDonalds. At first it seemed good value for money, but with the year on year increases in Maintenance fees, this hasn't been the case for many years. I naively thought if I asked them to take it back they would, but was told if I did not continue pay I would be taken to court. To make matters worse they say it passes on to the kids! And....all the ones who pay are paying a higher fee due to defaulters. Nobody wants to buy it either. (can't say I blame them, I wish I had had more sense!)
Itra Forum Member
AlisonJeatt
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: August 22, 2010, 08:56:10 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Palm Oasis, Gran Canaria

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 02:04:03 pm »

Hi
my name is Alison Jeatt we have a timeshare in Palm Oasis, Gran Canaria, hubby made redundant in 2009 and I am about to be medically retired due to ill health, due to finances etc we have not used our timeshare since 2008.  Have tried to sell it and even give it away to no avail.  Hopefully Itra will be able to help us. 

When we bought were told that it was a good investment for ourselves and children (who say clear off we don't want that millstone around our necks thanks), was told that we would be able to sell quite easily and that the value would go up year on year.  (think they meant the maintenance fees) was told by one of the sales guys he had bought twelve weeks as he thought it was such a good investment. 

They caught us at a weak moment in time as it was our wedding anniversary, our first trip abroad without children etc, tried to cancel when we got home to no avail as it was over the 7 day cooling off period (holiday was for two weeks).  ah well not the only ones in this situation.

regards

Alison
Itra Forum Member
naive2
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 03, 2010, 11:49:48 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: Palm Oasis

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:35:16 pm »

Hello all
I'm Alan Turner,My wife and I bought 2 weeks at Palm Oasis in 1997 after being taken to a"presentation"The salesman told us that
he had bought 12 weeks as an investment which would rocket in value and if we wanted to sell in the future,Palm Oasis would have a resale service.At that time we had no reason to disbelieve him.I did not have my credit card with me so I was taken to my hotel in a taxi while my wife was held prisoner.When I returned,I was persuaded to ring the credit card company and ask for a higher credit limit so I could pay the deposit.I can't believe I was so naive!I have not paid the maintenance fees for 2 years
and their debt collectors,Debtsave has sent me a Final Demand- Legal action Imminent letter for 2 years fees + interest which I
have refused to pay.My wife has a long term mental illness and will never be able to go.There is no law to stop these sharks
from demanding money from me until I die -and beyond.I'm 72 this month so,while I am still fit.I'm going to fight them and
tell the world.
Itra Forum Member
granice
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 06, 2010, 02:45:01 pm

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:14:57 am »

Hi my name is Bernice I went to a meeting with Itra yesterday in Chester & qualified for the claim on unreasonable maintemance fees. Which I believe will be proccessed in due time. I also agreed to pay ITRA to take over my time share in Algarve. Have any of you members done this and how did it go?
Itra Forum Member
geoffanddeb
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 07, 2010, 01:50:38 pm

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 04:25:57 pm »

Hi, yes I have been and although I felt a little under pressure I have now realised that disposing of the milstone of ?900 a year from around my neck is a big weight off
Itra Forum Member
Darro52
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 27, 2010, 07:21:20 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Diamond Points, Clube Praia Da Oura, Beverley Hills, RCI Points

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »

Hi my name is Bernice I went to a meeting with Itra yesterday in Chester & qualified for the claim on unreasonable maintemance fees. Which I believe will be proccessed in due time. I also agreed to pay ITRA to take over my time share in Algarve. Have any of you members done this and how did it go?

Hey Bernice

It was my understanding that ITRA were the brains behind the RCI Class Action and that one of their sponsors named Club Class were taking responsibility of my timeshare. Mind you I went to Maidenhead, maybe it is different in Chester. Please can you clarify as it would seems rather odd if ITRA had taken over your timeshare???

Cheers

Darro

Itra Forum Member
Ian Bishop
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: November 13, 2010, 10:09:20 am

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 07:26:46 am »

Hi All
I am a newbie on ITRA forums.
I hope I will learn a lot from you guys.

Bevis
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 08, 2010, 12:19:24 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Santa Barbara

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 06:55:02 pm »

Hi, My name is Kim Bevis, my wife and myself have had a time-share (originally points with GVC) for a number of years and have been dismayed at the escalating maintenance fees. Having tried, and been ripped-off twice, to get rid of this commitment we have finally managed to do this with the help of ITRA. Yes we've signed up with Club Classic which cost but hopefully the pay-out from the legal claim should cover this, even if it doesn't, we still save in the long run with the amount we would have paid in maintenance fees being much higher (another 30+ years commitment) than what we have just paid.

Thank you ITRA  :D
Itra Forum Member
paola beretta
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 21, 2010, 03:03:46 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Centro Vacanze Veronza

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 06:27:48 pm »

Hello, my name' s Paola Beretta from ITALY. I would know, is there any possibility to resell timesharing properties, just like any other estate in the world? or at least to give it up?
Itra Forum Member
ianmargie
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: January 12, 2011, 05:22:15 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Santana Club Resort

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 06:50:25 pm »

Hello
We are Ian & Margie
We had time share with RCI Points for 10 years and basically have no grizzles about RCI and have had some nice holidays. However, the escalating maintenance fees have horrified us and as we are now both retired we have had great difficulty in finding the money. Some one has been very greedy here. We have been to talk to ITRA recently and hope hat all our problems are behind us but it has cost us money (which would have been spent on the maintenence fees) and I am still trying to get my head round it all. My husband is quite adamant that we have 'done' the right thing.
Itra Forum Member
LeonL
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 11, 2010, 10:30:27 am

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 11:13:53 am »

Leon from South Africa

Is in the Time Share cause i thought a holiday a year will be nice for the whole family and friends.  Never thought of the upgrade per year.
Itra Forum Member
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines