ITRA
www.itra.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2019, 01:47:37 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the ITRA Forum! Feel free to participate in our forums :)

!!

Guest, Please Register or Log In!!

Please, log in or register a new account to use all the features of this forum!

You will be able to add comments, post new topics, review timeshare resorts, etc.. only if you are already log in.

Remember to check the SPAM Folder in your mail account if you dont find the activation mail!

+  Forum Itra
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Timeshare General Discussion
| | |-+  New Members - Please Introduce Yourself
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: New Members - Please Introduce Yourself  (Read 49666 times)
jocelyn
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: March 13, 2013, 12:49:47 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: 30 Atlas Points

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »

Hi, I am Jocelyn, my husband and I bought 30 points on 'the shoulder' season about 12 years ago, with UVC which was later sold to Atlas, then gobbled up by Petchey and now owned by another company, we were not able to take up a holiday every year and didn't like the resorts in Portugal, so were somewhat limited although we did buy 4 years membership with RCI which gave us more choice. No family members are interested and we are now getting too old and creaky and the flights costing more, so we want out, and today came the annual maintenance demand !!!!!!!!!help ITRA, whats the next step
Itra Forum Member
kevinpring
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: June 04, 2013, 01:59:39 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: INFINIT 110,001

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »

Hi
I'm Kevin Pring and I live just outside of London in the UK. I was introduced to ITRA after being invited to a meeting in Spain by MultiClaims. My wife and I were put up in a lovely hotel near Malaga and met with the ITRA representatives Andrew and John as well as a Spanish solicitor. We have allegedly lodged a  compensation claim for being mis-sold our holiday points. We had 110 000 Petchey points which I paid 4,000, by way of a loan arranged on the day of the meeting in Spain, to dispose of. Anybody else using these folk?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:27:09 pm by Staff Manager » Logged
Itra Forum Member
thurwood
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 16, 2013, 02:35:45 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Royal Park Albatros

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 03:04:17 pm »

Hi
My name is Tamara. We were pressured into buying our timeshare at the Royal Park Albatros in Tenerife some 10 years ago. We have NEVER ever used it. We will never use it and yet like mugs we were paying the maintenance fees until 2012. We are now being chased by Daniel & Silverman debt collectors as we can no longer pay our fees which were 200 at the start and now 980. My husband is unemployed and i had an accident and broke my back this year so not worked for over 4 months at present. We have moved house to save money by down sizing. We have been trying to sell our timeshare for years without success and we have asked petchey leisure to relinquish us from the timeshare and we walk away with nothing but they wont. We paid over 15,000 and cant give it away! We are desperate now and wondered if anyone new a way to get us out of our ownership without incurring more fees? Please help
Itra Forum Member
Staff Manager
Staff Manager
Administrator
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 28, 2010, 11:53:26 am

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 08:22:00 am »

Hi Tamara,

We are launching a new procedure for the Spanish resorts, or any ownership purchased in Spanish soil that I explane below.  This will be at a No Win No Fee, but obviously you will be commited to pay the admin and legal costs once your timeshare has been disolved with a porcentage which will be used to cover the inicial legal and administration costs. 

We are now taking a legal route with the Spanish resorts as there has been favourable within the Spanish courts against Timeshare mis-selling in respect of resorts situated within Spain which does of course include the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands.

This action will be handled by our highly qualified Lawyers and Notaries.

In order to commence you will need to visit a local Notary to sign the POA in favour of our legal team.

Once Notarized the POA will need to be Apostilled and then returned to me.

The POA which includes a statement of misrepresentation.

I would arrange your appointment with a Local Notary or you may of course choose your own.
Once the Power has been returned our lawyers will take over and will inform you directly on progress made.

During the process, in the unlikely event that the resort refuses to comply with their obligations under Spanish law, and do send you a maintenance fee demand for the ensuing year, this must immediately be sent to our lawyer to take the relevant legal action.

If you wish to have further information please contact me on 08450951440.

My working hours are from 8am to 4pm U.K. time.

Kind regards,

Administration Department.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:28:00 pm by Staff Manager » Logged
Itra Forum Member
WeeRosco
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: April 25, 2014, 11:40:56 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: Diamond Resorts Fractional

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2014, 11:53:36 am »

Good day to all.
We have just joined & look forward to getting some help from Itra. Met up with Andrew last Friday who put a bit of faith back into our lives & hopefully a decent life for our son's future not having a noose round his neck for the rest of his life..

Thanks Mr & Mrs M
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:39:15 pm by WeeRosco » Logged
Itra Forum Member
Dipty
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: October 09, 2013, 11:15:35 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: Anfi Del Mar

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 03:29:20 pm »

Hi my name is Bernice I went to a meeting with Itra yesterday in Chester & qualified for the claim on unreasonable maintemance fees. Which I believe will be proccessed in due time. I also agreed to pay ITRA to take over my time share in Algarve. Have any of you members done this and how did it go?

Hi I'm dee
Yes I paid ITRA to take over my timeshare - I'm a bit frustrated as I get very little info. as to how this process is going - how about you??

Itra Forum Member
collislang
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 07:10:05 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Marriott Vacation Club Playa Andaluza

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »

Hello,

I am Collis and recently purchased a Marriott Timeshare, Playa Andaluza.  We were given the presentation and the sales person verbally stated that we could get Hotel discounts, specifically 20-40 euro/night, which was part of Interval International portion of the timeshare benefits. Besides all the other information, our main purpose was for these Marriott Brand Hotels.   After the contract closed (30 days later) we were able to get access to both MVCI and Interval International websites to further investigate.  The sales person's information was not accurate and false.  After discussing the issues with the, "Marriott Customer Advocates", we realize they are not advocates but really following the legality of the contract.  The say a misunderstanding occurred when there was not one.  According Spanish Timeshare law, under article 10 it states in section 2, "In the event that the information provided  to Purchaser is not accurate, Purchaser may file an action for annulment under articles 1300 et seq. of the civil code, without prejudice to any criminal liability which may be incurred by the transferor and to the provisions of the preceding paragraph".  What is the possibility in annulling the contract with Marriott Vacation Club International?  They have only used bullying tactics to see if we give up and accept what we say. 
Itra Forum Member
Cook
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: March 17, 2014, 12:47:57 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: CLC Fractional

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2014, 02:39:57 am »

Hi to all members,

I purchased a fractional ownership/timeshare in the Torch building in Dubai for 14.000 in 2006, off plan, the building was to have taken 2 years to build, but it took 4 years, I was told buy the rep that I could expect 5000 a week rental, because I had the best 2 weeks, I also had to pay maintenance fee's in advance, the rep also told me that the condo would be sold after 15 years, and I could expect up to 50.000 for my share, the rep left the company shortly after, I WONDER WHY?, I have been complaining now for 4 years, but all I get is PR, saying our rep would not have said that, in short, you are a liar, they have told me since that the condo's termination date is May 2022, and that the condo will then be put on the open market, and everyone will get there share, I asked them to guarantee that this will happen, NO REPLY, I also asked them to justify the advance maintenance fee's, as anyone who as worked in construction knows that all maintenance in the 1st/2nd year is the responsibility of the main contractor, the only thing they can charge for is maid service, that comes to around 1500, they charged 10.400 for the condo in the 1st year, split 26 ways, I asked them what they spent the other 8900 on, again NO REPLY, I have since been told that if this company owns a share in each condo, when the termination date is up, if 1 shareholder refuse's to sell, then the condo, can not be sold ie, TIMESHARE, If anyone on this forum as had dealings with this company which is based in Wilmslow, Manchester, can you please contact me, I have never had any info on the condo from these people ie, floor plan/furniture list/photo's, anything that would enable me to rent it out, all I get is letters telling me when the maintenance fee's are due, and how much they have gone up, I have asked for these questions to be answered on 4 occasions, but all I get is 1 guy telling me how happy everyone is, If I can find 1 other person who was sold a condo share by this rep, and was given the same speel, then I have a case.

Cook
Itra Forum Member
gerrymcdougall
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: June 13, 2015, 01:00:03 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: CLC World

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2015, 04:22:18 pm »

Hi, my husband and I have just put ourselves in the hands of ITRA to get rid of the Fractional Ownership we have with CLC (Club La Costa). I hope I am not throwing good money after bad! Never again will I allow myself to be persuaded to buy any 'holiday' product from anyone. What a con and the worst of it is that they are still conning people and getting away with it. We got stopped at Malaga airport on the way home after being to a meeting with ITRA by a CLC rep - I went and warned all the people she had got details from!!
Itra Forum Member
Portofino
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: August 28, 2015, 01:24:10 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: CLC FPOC

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 03:29:16 pm »

In the exact same position as Gerry in the previous post - FPOC with CLC. I'm hoping ITRA come through on our behalf and that we're also not throwing good money after bad. There appears to be no love lost on either side online and it's difficult to find anyone independently with anything good to say. The Timeshare Consumer Assocation, however, are relatively supportive and have a very constructive article on their website about ITRA - [http://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2014/11/28/itra/].
Could do with some more up to date posts on this forum though, and a few success stories would be particularly reassuring. There surely must be some out there.
Itra Forum Member
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines