ITRA
www.itra.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2019, 03:24:32 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the ITRA Forum! Feel free to participate in our forums :)

!!

Guest, Please Register or Log In!!

Please, log in or register a new account to use all the features of this forum!

You will be able to add comments, post new topics, review timeshare resorts, etc.. only if you are already log in.

Remember to check the SPAM Folder in your mail account if you dont find the activation mail!

+  Forum Itra
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Timeshare General Discussion
| | |-+  Companies to be wary of
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Companies to be wary of  (Read 8590 times)
Draxion
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: May 24, 2010, 09:18:28 am

« on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:47 am »

Hi all, I'm not actually sure if this is within the bounds of forum policy, but I have to try with a warning, don't be fooled as i was.

Over the past three years I have had dealing with companies which have told me they could sell my timeshare for me, but really all they could do is take my money.

Yes it was stupid of me when looking back, but at the time I like many others was so desperate to get rid of my timeshare that i would try anything.

Anyway here is a list of companies to be wary of, some you may know, some you may not.

ETOO, well enough said about these people, they promise a lot and give very little.
First Choice Consulting, another company with big promises.
Envisions, they talk a good sale and then don't talk at all.
Crawfords Investment Council, such a nice chap, very post talking, but yet to do what he likes to talk about.

Well thats' all i have dealt with to date.
Itra Forum Member
The Moderator 2
Moderator 2
Global Moderator
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: November 05, 2009, 03:24:59 pm

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44:23 pm »

Regarding the above posting of timeshare resale companies, first of all, ITRA used to help with the self-regulation of certain companies performing these services.

Second of all, becuase ETOO was heavily attacked, ITRA did in fact suspend ETOO while we investigated them along with the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

ITRA and the ASA determined that because ETOO did in fact spend between £80,000 to £100,000 per month advertising on TV, In-Flight magazines, buying "key words" on the internet, newspapers, etc., they were in fact trying to do everything in their powers to create viable re-sale market, and did in fact achieve this for a number of years.

Furthermore, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) determined that even in the height of the economic gloom, they were able to dispose of about 25% of the clients timeshares.  In years previous to 2008, these figures exceeded 50% +.

The final recommendation by the ASA was for ETOO to properly disclose their success rate.

In the wake of the financial crisis, ETOO determined the efficiencies of the timeshare resale market were too cost prohibitive and have since ceased to take any further payment of marketing fees as of the beginning of 2009.

Again, because of, ITRA and ASA, ETOO has ceased to charge any up-front fees for marketing since the beginning of 2009, almost 1 1/2 years ago.

Not only did ETOO stop charging clients up-front marketing fees, ITRA was instrumental in helping clients receive almost £2,000,000 in refunds where we found error.

And finally, and in our opinion, because of the self-inflicted wounds the timeshare industry created at the very “top”, this being the exchange companies, (RCI & II), with their members increasingly frustrated attempts to use the exchange systems, and because of the developers charging increasingly over-the-top maintenance fees, you cannot even give a timeshare away!

To repeat, because of the exchange companies and developers greed, nobody wants timeshare any longer, or if they do, they will only pay 10% to 50% of the original value, and that is IF, IF, IF, it is in a High Season Time Period, and/or at a recognised name-brand resort.

Because of the above alleged abusive practices by the industry hierarchy - The Exchange Companies and the Resort Developers working in tandem - ITRA has changed it's so-called "spots" much to the chagrin of these same industry leaders, and instead of promoting resales, ITRA is now putting “On Notice” these same timeshare entities responsible for false-hoods perpetrated at the "Point or Sale" by gathering documented and factual evidence from their members, for potential financial compensation from the persons who purchased the timeshares with the full knowledge of of the industry executives - all in the name of corporate profits (greed) to the shareholders.

And finally, ITRA no longer condones the payment of any kind of fees paid in advance, or, up-front, FOR ANY REASON, to any timeshare resale company.

If a timeshare resale company suggests that their fees are for marketing purposes, make sure they can document their budgets as did ETOO on their website, for each and every week, month, and year.

As a last note of caution, if anyone promises you 100% of your purchase price back, it is not true.

If anyone needs further assistance, please contact us, at:  Administration1@ITRA.net

Regards,

ITRA Management
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:49:47 pm by The Moderator 2 » Logged

Moderator 2
Darro52
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 27, 2010, 07:21:20 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Diamond Points, Clube Praia Da Oura, Beverley Hills, RCI Points

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:36:09 pm »

Has anyone been contacted by Owners Direct Uk Services, The Premium Group, Premier Group, Premier Holidays, Blue Chip, Excalibur, Elegant Resorts, Infinity, Sol y Mar, Secure Travel Leisure or any other company that makes such approaches.

All these companies claim to have a buyer waiting to obtain your timeshare but always want a fee upfront which could be anything from ?995 to ?3000.

Please be warned they are all scams using stolen data to contact you with and they only want to take your money. They are very professionaly organised and may come accross as genuine but more fool you if you believe what they claim.

Also be wary of fake Lawyers and other such legal companies such as Fraser & Ward, Pro-Call or Ramirez & Ramirez, they are also chancers who will rob you blind!

Do not pay them any money.
If you have already, then report it to your bank or credit card company as fraud ASAP
If they ring or email you, do not tell them any further information about yourselves and what you may own, as this data will be recorded and possibly sold on.

I was stung once but never again.

If anyone else has got any other names of similar bogus firms they can add to this warning, then please reply!

Cheers

Darro
Itra Forum Member
MDElvis
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: June 27, 2010, 01:05:12 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Pearly Grey

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:08:53 pm »

We have just been contacted by, a s services (www.as-services.net) who want us to attend a meeting in stafford, to buy our timeshare/rci points for ?6000, (we paid ?6500) unusually they only want ?50 up front, will advise if anything comes of it.
Itra Forum Member
Staff Manager
Staff Manager
Administrator
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 28, 2010, 11:53:26 am

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 09:46:43 am »

a s services are not sponsors of ITRA and are not known to us. Therefore we advise you to be extremely careful:

Ignore all unsolicited communications and offers that you may receive in relation to your ownership irrespective of how official they may look. Just forward everything to us and we will let you know what to do.
Many companies suffer data leaks and therefore we advise that under no circumstances should you give your credit card details to anyone that you do not know because there are many scams currently operating that use leaked data.
Itra Forum Member
MDElvis
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: June 27, 2010, 01:05:12 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Pearly Grey

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 08:15:31 pm »

Well there you go, we were supposed to hand over our document of ownership so they could get them transfered out of our name and to the alleged buyers name, this of course would be out of our control!
Well there were no pigs in the sky, so we did not go for it, how strange! 
Itra Forum Member
snoweyez
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 04, 2011, 07:04:48 am
4. Timeshare Resorts: atc/mtc/gcr & Marriots vacation club

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 03:26:08 am »

Hi,

I've been contacted by Concord Developments (marketing agent of Realty Access in Singapore) to subscribe into their program in a bid to offload my vacation programs.  The plan is to invest in Realty Access, hold it for 72-142 days, then sell off to another buyer at a guarantee of 80% of the International Sales Value of minimally $70,000.

I wonder if ITRA has appointed such a company to file for a CSL against some companies who are not able to fulfil their promise?
Itra Forum Member
Chin Kok Yee
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 16, 2011, 02:57:52 pm

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »

Similarily, both my wife & myself went through the same session which took us from 7.30pm to 12am (midnight).

The Concord Developments (marketing agent of Realty Access in Singapore) under the mask of ITRA has successfully convinced us to subscribe into their program in a bid to offload our MTC and ATC vacation programs.  The plan is to invest in Realty Access, hold it for 72-142 days, then sell off to another buyer at a guarantee of 80% of the International Sales Value of minimally $50,000.  For that, we were asked to pay S$3500 as deposit.  Hungry and tired, we gave in.  Imagine that we are supposed to pay the remaining amount of S$5000 within 1 week.

Kok Yee
(+65 904 777 54)
Itra Forum Member
zzzien
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: February 01, 2012, 01:58:36 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: ATC : MC 537, QA 431, VLC/1907/115

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:24:44 am »

Hi Kok Yee,

Did you eventually pay the balance $5000?

I am in a similar situation and would appreciate if you could render some advice of what your actions were after your last post.

Thank you.
Itra Forum Member
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines