ITRA
www.itra.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 09:40:22 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the ITRA Forum! Feel free to participate in our forums :)

!!

Guest, Please Register or Log In!!

Please, log in or register a new account to use all the features of this forum!

You will be able to add comments, post new topics, review timeshare resorts, etc.. only if you are already log in.

Remember to check the SPAM Folder in your mail account if you dont find the activation mail!

+  Forum Itra
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Exchange Company Issues (RCI, II, Others)
| | |-+  exchange procedure
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: exchange procedure  (Read 2811 times)
WELLSDI
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: December 01, 2009, 02:47:11 pm

« on: December 01, 2009, 02:56:43 pm »

Have found over the years that, having transferred to RCI points, the exchange procedure was unwieldy.  This entailed paying Petchey the maintenance fee, making sure they had received it, getting them to tell RCI that they had received it and getting RCI to release the points for the year.   And only then, trying to book an exchange, which most often was unavailable.   There was obviously little love lost between Petchey and RCI and this also made the process slow, as sometimes there seemed to be little cooperation between them.
Itra Forum Member
timesharecynic
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: March 15, 2010, 06:01:52 pm

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:14:23 am »

We have also continuously experienced the apparent lack of communication between Petchey administration and RCI.
We now bank our timeshare week as soon as possible. I.E 2 years in advance of the occupation date.
Before banking it I contact Petchey Admin. and they normally calculate the maintenance due by adding 5% per year to the current year's Fee.
This amount is then paid by us and we then bank the week with RCI after our cheque has cleared through our Bank.
Invariably in spite of this we receive a letter from RCI ( usually dated a week before we receive it ),stating that the deposit in the bank failed as Petchey has said that the maintenance has not been paid.
We then have to contact Petchey again by phone (+ by email )and they will tell us that "somebody" has made a mistake and "we will let RCI know that the maintenance has been paid."
This rigmarole occurs every year without fail  and takes approximately 4 weeks.This year we lost the exchange week I had painstakingly found by trawling through the RCI website due to this delay as somebody else got it during this 4 week delay.

I sympathise with anyone who has to put up with this type of problem as it can be very frustrating.!! :'( :'(
Itra Forum Member
ocelot45
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: February 12, 2010, 08:27:11 pm

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:45:28 pm »

How awful what a shambles. Suggest you try another exchange company such as Dial an Exchange or Uk Resort Exchange I think they are much better.
Itra Forum Member
Darro52
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: September 27, 2010, 07:21:20 pm
4. Timeshare Resorts: Diamond Points, Clube Praia Da Oura, Beverley Hills, RCI Points

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:21 pm »

How awful what a shambles. Suggest you try another exchange company such as Dial an Exchange or Uk Resort Exchange I think they are much better.

Hey Ocelot

Great advice! The problem is that people who buy at resorts affiliated to RCI, do not realise that they do not have to remain members aaanndddddd they can join cheaper and more accommodating exchange companies.

This should be the plan, ITRA wins the law suit then all RCI members cancel their memberships! That will show them  ;D

Cheers

Darro
Itra Forum Member
ThorEt
ITRA Forum member

Date Registered: April 14, 2016, 04:53:52 pm

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:06 pm »

If I exchange a week to get the special pricing, would that apply to all members of my party, or would I have to exchange a week for every member to get the special pricing?
Itra Forum Member
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines